Category: Fatal Error - Critical Incident ID: X020600 Priority: 9 - Urgent Status: Under Investigation Component: Microsoft PowerPoint 97 with
Assigned To: tbd Date Logged: 2002-06-06
Date Recorded: 2002-06-06
Date Closed: none
There are intermittent situations where an user of PowerPoint 97 will be unsuccessful in performing a Save to a DMS.
- The inappropriate error message, NODMS, is presented by the ODMA Connection Manager.
- When the user accepts the error message, PowerPoint simply reverts to where it was when the File | Save or File | Save As ... operation was requested.
- Repetition of the Save or Save As ... request leads to the same pattern.
- PowerPoint must be exited and restarted to break out of this condition.
None known at this point
The problem has been confirmed with the following configurations:
|PowerPoint 97||ODMA 2.0.0-1 ODMA32.dll Connection Manager||Documentum Client
If you think you are encountering the same situation, please report to ODMA Tech.
We are seeking a reproducible, predictable condition for this incident.
A reproducible case that can be observed in an ODMA 2.0 log is being sought.
[A simple repeatable case that can be used to demonstrate the failure, if available]
- Kollin Hutchison
- researched an intermittent problem and notified ODMA Tech of the difficulty. Provided additional trouble-shooting reports to narrow the problem situation.
- Dennis Hamilton
- reviewed the reports, creating this incident report.
created 2002-06-06-16:00 -0700 (pdt) by orcmid
$$Author: Orcmid $
$$Date: 02-06-06 17:34 $
$$Revision: 2 $