E_ODMVERSIONneither Defined nor Implementable
Category: Functionality - Defect Incident ID: X000902 Priority: 3 - Non-Critical Status: Correction Pending Component:
Odmacom.h2.0.0 and ODMA 2.0 Specification
Assigned To: Dennis Hamilton Reported By:
Dennis Hamilton (2000-09-10)
Date Opened: 2000-09-10 Date Closed: none
The ODMA 2.0 specification adds the
E_ODM_VERSIONfor the ODMA-internal integration operation
ODMGetODMInterface. In fact,
- No value for this
HRESULThas been defined in the ODMA 2.0 libraries.
- The ODMA 2.0 Connection Manager version 2.0.0 does not check for nor anticipate this value.
- The DMS integration has no way to verify its version against the ODMA-version level of the application that the DMS integration is being instantiated for. Neither the version of the application nor the version of the Connection Manager is supplied to the DMS integration by the
Since the proposed
HRESULTcannot be produced, is not defined, and is not expected, it is proposed to remove it from the specification.
The following actions are proposed:
- Record the existence of an extraneous
HRESULTin the ODMA Version 2.0 Errata. [2000-09-11: Done]
- Remove this extraneous result code from ODMA 2.0-3 as part of final editing.
- Close this incident report when (1-2) are completed and the documents are closed as being in final form.
The following steps were taken to confirm the claims made in this incident report:
- The current
Odmacom.hfiles were reviewed to confirm that
E_ODM_VERSIONis not defined in the libraries.
- The ODMA 2.0 Connection Manager source code, module
Odmdms.cpp, was reviewed to confirm that method
ODMDms::Init()does not behave in any way that assumes an
E_ODM_VERSIONresponse is possible from the only use of
OGMGetODMInterfacein the Connection Manager implementation. That is the case, although
ODMDms::Init()can produce an
ODM_E_VERSIONresponse as the result of determinations internal to its implementation independent of its
created 2000-09-11-07:09 -0700 (pdt) by orcmid
$$Author: Orcmid $
$$Date: 00-09-11 8:25 $
$$Revision: 2 $