Category: Functionality - Critical Incident ID: X000010 Priority: 9 - Urgent Status: Under Investigation Component: ODMA 1.5 & 2.0 Connection Managers Assigned To: tbd Date Logged: 2000-08-11
Date Recorded: 2001-03-06
Date Closed: none
When ODMA queries are performed directly via an ODMA-aware application, rather than by the normal File | Open ... and DMS search interface, the ODMA-aware application may lock up. It will be necessary to force the application to shut down to break the lock, which is caused by a loop in the ODMA Connection Manager.
Why is this considered critical?
The condition can easily occur in practice and will crash an ODMA-aware application with loss of any work in progress. The defect will have users avoid using the ODMA Query capability when it is supported by the application and one or more DMS integrations.
The following actions are proposed:
- Record the existence of of the problem and establish an incident report as notification and as documentation of the problem to be confirmed. [2001-03-06: Completed]
- Inspect the ODMA 2.0 Connection Manager implementation and identify the conditions under which the software fails.
- Construct a repeatable demonstration of the problem, if needed.
- Establish work-arounds for the problem until a production solution is available.
- Implement any needed correction in project P000902: ODMA Connection Manager Release 2.0.1.
- Evaluate the need for specific trouble-shooting procedures for situations in which ODMA Query is used.
- Dennis Hamilton
- reviewed old ODMA Tech mail for untracked incidents, logged this incident (2000-08-11) and then recorded the incident (2001-03-06) as part of having all backlog recorded.
created 2001-03-06-22:46 -0800 (pst) by orcmid
$$Author: Orcmid $
$$Date: 01-03-06 23:48 $
$$Revision: 3 $