Type: ODMA Software Project ID: P000902 Style: Ad hoc Status: Initial Definition
- Provide Release 2.0.1 of the Connection Managers: remedy all defects, remove all reliability concerns, and deliver complete, functionality in accordance with the ODMA 2.0 Specification and its errata.
1. Have complete accountability and auditability for what is changed, what problems are resolved, and how the accuracy of the release was confirmed and can be demonstrated.
2. ODMA usage and experience is not destabilized in any way for any users, applications or DMS integrations.
3. The distribution and packaging makes substitution of the new release effortless and appealing.
4. ODMA 2.0.1 is easily and completely removed, with the preceding version restored automatically.
- Related information/projects:
- ODMA Incident Log
- ODMA 2.0 Specification Errata
- P000900: Audit Connection-Manager Lifecycle Management
P000807: Expand ODMA Troubleshooting Tool Set
P000806: Add Simple DMware Licenses to all Packages
P000803: Create SourceForge Tree for ODMA Software Development
P000800: Capture All ODMA Questions and Problem Reports as FAQ and Incidents
P000701: ODMA Specification Errata
P000500: Trouble-Shoot and Analyze Connection Manager
Q000705: Changes Between ODMA Versions
Q000704: ODMA-Compliant DMS and Connection-Manager Version Compatibility
Q000703: ODMA-Aware Application and Connection-Manager Version Compatibility
Q000702: Interpreting Connection-Manager Logs
Q000609: Distributing and Installing Connection Managers
Assigned To: Dennis Hamilton Defined By:
Dennis Hamilton (2000-09-27)
Date Opened: 2000-09-20 Date Completed: none
[tbd - See Objective for now.]
This is going to be a fairly large project for DMware. The requirements will cover
- Compatibility and agreement with the ODMA 2.0 Specification
- Preservation of the existing integration model and provision of seamless substitution/removal
- Packaging in a way that supports incorporation with Windows logo-certified products
- Starting from a stable, reproducible base before making changes
- Having test tools and procedures for confirming operability, functionality, and reliability
- Having reproducible build, test and regression procedures
- Accountability for all problems, questions, and errata that are resolved in release 2.0.1 software
- Accountability for any problems, questions, and errata that are left unresolved in release 2.0.1 software
- Documentation, Help, and other requirements for accompanying materials
- Identification of all materials that must be updated to reflect availability of 2.0.1
- Having agreed criteria for determining when 2.0.1 is acceptable for beta-test introduction and for declaration as a stable release
- Phasing and staging of development in a way that permits the project to be carried out entirely by volunteer contributors
To be defined further.
The related information, the objective, and the requirements sketch are suggestive of the activities to be performed.
created 2000-09-27-15:45 -0700 (pdt) by orcmid
$$Author: Orcmid $
$$Date: 07-07-28 11:15 $
$$Revision: 11 $