Using the ODMA Tech List
The e-mail address
ODMATECH@ftplist.aiim.orgis the address of the ODMA Tech e-mail discussion list.
ODMA Tech is the general list for all broadcast to the community of people and organizations interested in the Open Document Management API (ODMA), its support, troubleshooting, compliant products, and further development.
[Add reference to the LISTSERV software and on-line information, perhaps linking down to a section later on this page to provide further details.]
You need an e-mail address
You need to confirm your interest in this list
- subject matter of the list
- where to see archives of the list (if on-line)
Consider other lists as well
The DMA Tech list
The Web-DM list
The ActiveODMA developers list
For ODMA questions and discussions,
You do not have to be a member of the list to send to it? Confirm that.
Recommending that people send to the list to be recognized.
How to send to the list.
Etiquette for using the list. [Can be in a later section]
- Plain text, preferably in ISO format
- No attachments unless requested - better to put them where someone can receive them, or send them to specific individuals (e.g., a submission for the ODMA.info site goes directly to the DMware Technical Coordinator)
What about the funny %xxx material?
Replying to the sender instead of the list.
To subscribe for receiving ODMATECH messages,
- Using the e-mail service that you want to have receive messages from the list, create a simple text mail note
- Have your message be the single-line request
- The list server will respond with confirmation and further instructions on using the list
To unsubscribe and remove yourself from ODMATECH,
- In the same way that you subscribed, send the single-line request
- The list server will respond with confirmation information.
For other information on using the lists, and customizing for your preferences, send message with the following commands in the message body
provides basic information about the list service
- INFO REFCARD
provides a "reference card" of the operations you can perform with the list service. The reference card is provided by return e-mail.
- INDEX list
returns an index to messages in the archive for list.
DMware.infohome page and customize for ODMA use.
ODMA Interoperability Exchange.
-0700 (pdt) by orcmid