index.htm ODMdev Construction Structure (this page)
ODMdev Home Page
ODMdev.htm ODMdev Synopsis
_private/ reserved for use by
construction/ Construction Material
images/ standard images directory
|Related Materials:||Construction Material|
You're at the root of the ODMdev web site for the ActiveODMA Development Framework. This top level is referred to as the front porch of the site. Everything else is reachable by entry through the front porch (e.g., by browser navigation or by use of a URL that specifies a path below here).
1. Construction Structure
2. Front-Porch Materials
3. Site Infrastructure
4. Content Sections
The construction structure is the scaffolding of connected folders that is the framework on which content is developed and maintained. During early development, navigation to content may be primarily via the construction structure. Later, more-polished organizations will be overlaid. The scaffolding never goes away, although it fades into the background.
Although ODMdev is anchored as a subweb of the ODMA Interoperability Exchange web site, it is organized as if it is an independent web site.
The root folder carries some individual pages that anchor the construction structure and provide an entrance for navigation into the site over the Internet.
- is the polished, professional-appearance entrance to the site. When present, it is the home page. It has enough provisional content so the site can be found and preliminary materials examined.
- is this construction-structure page. It is also the default home page in the absence of default.htm.
- is the Construction Zone at the front porch. It is the top-level construction zone of the entire site. Additional pages may be accessed from that page.
- is a summary of the nature and purpose of the ODMdev site. It serves as a classier "about" page than this index.htm. It may be linked from default.htm.
These folders exist to support the creation and use of site content. They are part of the Construction Structure.
- is a reserved folder for working data that is sometimes created by applications of the web site. The common usage is for data captured from forms. This folder and the images/ folder are automatically included in every site that is built using Microsoft FrontPage extensions.
- is the Construction Material section of the ODMdev site, providing materials and reference information about the construction of the site. The material is about the plumbing and the "how it's done" of the site. It includes templates that are used in the presentation of content throughout the site. This material is preserved and maintained as part of the site itself.
- is the folder that is used by convention for images that are referred to by pages throughout the site. Not all images are kept in this folder, but those that have general use on content pages are carried here.
Additional folders deliver content that is part of projects of the ODMdev ODMA Development Framework. ODMdev.htm provides a synopsis of this material.
This construction structure page is part of the engineering, construction management, maintenance, and infrastructure for
ODMdev. You are welcome to explore this and other construction-information pages. You'll need your hard hat and safety shoes.
created 2005-03-11-19:09 -0800 (pst) by