The 0.58beta material was created to confirm initial packaging of the
ODMJNI 1.0 runtime for use by Java applications and demonstrate all
This material is offered as a preview of the Java-ODMA Integration Kit prior to availability of the 0.60 Public Beta release.
Prerequisites for use of the material include
- ability to determine the use of the package by inspection of the
source code for the interfaces and the release notes for the 0.50beta
through 0.58beta code drops.
- understanding that there are breaking changes to the interfaces to
be introduced in the 0.59beta transition
candidate and the 0.60 public beta releases:
- The info.odma.practical100.OdmFormat
class will be replaced by an interface and a refactored
implementation that does not offer public static methods except for
- There will be slight adjustments between the
interfaces. There should be no impact on programs that do not
make direct use of OdmViewingDocument.
- The conditions under which OdmError
is thrown have been heavily restricted. The exception can no
longer be used to determine failure to provide a correctly-formatted
parameter. Parameters must be pre-filtered if there is any concern
for possible format errors.
- Hamilton, Dennis E.
- ODMJNI 1.0 Public Beta 0.58 Beta Preview. AIIM ODMA Interoperability Exchange,
ODMdev Development Note page d070701c 0.03, September 29, 2007. Available at <http://ODMA.info/dev/devNotes/2007/07/d070701c.htm>.
- Revision History:
- 0.03 2007-09-29-18:03 Tie to 0.59beta Material
- The nomenclature is improved and the material is tied to the 0.59beta
- 0.02 2007-08-22-21:23 Conform to Repaving Project
- This page is modified slightly to conform to the requirements of the
ODMdev Repaving Project.
- 0.01 2007-07-25-13:01 Provide Basic Information
- There is enough information for a self-reliant Java developer to find
and download the materials needed for familiarization with ODMJNI 1.0 at the
- 0.00 2007-07-15-19:56 Provide Placeholder
- This page is put up as a placeholder for description of 0.58beta
material as a preview for the 0.60beta Public Beta Release.