|0.03 2008-04-23 21:12 -0700|
Setup01 establishes and demonstrates command-line compilation of software using the Microsoft Platform SDK (PSDK).
For OdmNative100, the compiled applications will install and operate on Windows 2000 (NT 5.0) and later "retail" configurations. No debugging libraries or redistributables are required for use of the OdmNative100 code.
Although OdmNative100 code may operate successfully on earlier Win32 versions (e.g., Windows 98 SE), there is no commitment to maintain such operability.
Setup01 builds on the confirmation provided in Setup00. Setup01 does not require Setup00 to be installed. However, if VC++ command-line setup fails, it may be valuable to review the Setup00 package.
- Introduction of a batch script, OdmPSDK.bat, for access to resources of the Microsoft Platform SDK (PSDK) as part of VC++ command-line compiling.
- Compilation of a simple console application that exercises the Microsoft Windows API and is completely self-contained for installation on other computers for repeating its functions.
- Demonstration that the Windows API is successfully accessed for loading and unloading the ODMA Connection Manager Dynamic Link Library, Odma32.dll
Setup01 is the second setup confirmation stage for development of the OdmNative100 classes for use by ODMJNI operations. Setup01 builds on Setup00 by confirming the additional setup of computer folders and scripts for using the Microsoft Platform SDK to construct native Win32 console applications.
The folder tree of Setup01 is structured for installation alongside the source trees for the other portions of ODMJNI 1.0 development: practical100 and odmjni100. It also installs alongside setup00, if it is present.
Additional details are found in the manifest file for download of the code and scripts.
- Setup01 has only been tested with Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition. The development scripts, especially the file OdmPSDK.bat, have not been tested with other Visual C++ 2005 product versions and Microsoft Platform SDK versions.
- If operation of OdmVC++.bat or some previous procedure (including previous call of OdmPSDK.bat) establishes the environment settings for the Platform SDK, OdmPSDK.bat will defer to the existing settings. This is designed to recognize the possibility of an integrated PSDK having settings established along with those of VC++. It is also intended to prevent duplicate additions to search-path environment variables INCLUDE, LIB, and PATH.
- Hamilton, Dennis E.
- ODMJNI 1.0 OdmNative ODMA-Access Implementation Setup01: PSDK Command Line. AIIM ODMA Interoperability Exchange, ODMdev Development Note page d061003d 0.02, November 27, 2006. Available with downloadable software at <http://ODMA.info/dev/devNotes/2006/10/d061003d.htm>.
created 2006-11-05-18:09 -0800 (pst) by