ODMdev, the ODMA Development Framework site provides development
materials for new open-source ODMA development.
- This site contains documentation and stable snapshots of materials.
Many of the project elements will be downloadable and usable as individual devKits.
- The entire site, or selected portions, can be downloaded to a personal
computer for use as a reference and off-line development work.
- New materials can be downloaded selectively and used to update earlier
material and merge in new material.
ODMdev Is Being
Migration to a new
server introduced a number of problems that require
In addition to those defects, some older pages also need to be modified and reorganized for
consistency across all of ODMdev. While the site is
being repaved to accomplish both kinds of improvements, you
may notice discrepancies and problems with links to site
Site Repaving Project
pages for additional details on the known defects and the
approach to correction and upgrade.
Technical Coordinator with questions and to
report any defects that you notice.
1. Organization as a Development
The organization of this site is a possible model for organization of ODMA
project materials on the computers of software developers. Many project downloads
depend on some part of this organization being used. Assuming that
%ODMdev% is replaced by the location where you are keeping a
reference copy on your computer (e.g., "C:\Downloads\ODMdev")
the following organization is typical of the subfolders that might be used by used by ODMdev projects:
%ODMdev%\ root folder for installing
ODMdev material (customizable by the developer)
|- confirm\ confirmation experiments for demonstrating correct setup and test approaches
|- core\ fundamental
libraries and materials shared among all ActiveODMA projects
|- manager\ ODMA
Connection Manager releases
|- nodist\ descriptions of non-redistributable components that must be obtained and
|- ODMref10\ development of the
ODMA 1.0 Reference
|- ODMrun10\ development of the
|- samples\ projects
for sample ODMA components
|- tools\ collection of
redistributable utilities from other sources/projects used for ActiveODMA
The nodist subfolder is where
the dependencies on non-redistributable proprietary software are fully
accounted for. The section provides information on the specific
dependencies and how they can be satisfied. There is also
information on how the non-redistributable materials can be
obtained and installed at no expense beyond that of entering into a license
agreement and downloading from a web site.
This structure does not include all of ODMdev, although it is permissible to
do that. The infrastructure folders
and the devNotes folder are not included. Local
directories for these are not needed in working with development tools and the
source code. It is permissible to mirror all portions of the site; it is
not necessary for development purposes.
2. Organization of Content
The content materials are currently distributed among the following sections:
- is used for confirmation experiments. Confirmation exercises
demonstrate correct setup and test different approaches to solving
specific problems. Most confirmation experiments are about using
development software and the Windows platform to solve particular
requirements. Sometimes there are design assumptions that need to
be verified to mitigate development risk.
- provides fundamental libraries and materials shared among all
- provides the collection of all developer notes and devKit
descriptions that are compiled as part of ODMdev.
- provides the ODMA Connection Manager releases that are relied on
(and sometimes enhanced) in ActiveODMA projects.
- provides descriptions of non-redistributable components that must be
obtained and installed. These are not provided via ODMdev. A
developer's configuration may place some non-redistributable material
here for use in a known place as part of their ActiveODMA projects.
- is the project area for development of the ODMA 1.0 Reference
- is the project area for development of the ODMA 1.0 Test Runner
- provides projects that lead to sample ODMA components
- is a collection of redistributable utilities from other
sources/projects that are used as part of the ODMdev framework.
- Revision History:
0.01 2007-08-14-14:04 Update as part of Repaving
- More content is moved here as part of the repaving of the site.
Additional improvements will be on this base.
- 0.00 2006-01-19-06:46 Provisional Note for Initial
- This page contains preliminary information as a placeholder until a
devNote document is in place for providing document engineering of this
information and its revision.