|Type: Feasibility Demonstration||Project ID: P050301|
|Style: Abbreviated||Status: In Progress|
|Assigned To: Dennis E. Hamilton||Defined By: Dennis Hamilton (2005-03-04)|
|Date Initiated: 2005-03-04||Date Completed: tbd|
The Risk Mitigation section of the original project estimates defined three versions of the ODMAref10.DLL to take as the development cases.
This DLL implements only the ODMGetODMInterface entry.
- It always provides a defined COM failure case, NOINTERFACE result code.
- It creates a log record indicating that it was successfully called, and presents what the parameters of the request were. The log file is very rudimentary and is created where the DLL is loaded from.
- This DLL can be registered with ODMA32 and an attempt to use the DMS can be carried out with ODMA32 and a variety of applications, including Microsoft Word and the TestODMA application.
This next version implements IUnknown and IODMDocMan interfaces:
- All methods of the IODDMDocMan interface return failure responses.
- The log records produced indicate what the requests were and what the response was.
- The logging cases are more sophisticated (and can be based on the logging provisions in the ODMA 2.0 Connection Manager).
This final level confirms use of a configuration file to the DLL that specifies options and control to the reference implementation for configuration:
- A configuration file is access that controls the behavior of the ODMref 1.0 implementation in a given use. It can implement either the 2.1 or 2.3 response. There might be other cases.
- An initial ODMrun10 module is available for calling a DMS directly or via the ODMA Connection Manager. This does enough to demonstrate the behavior to be controlled.
- This sorts out some of the divisions of labor between ODMrun and ODMref, and also determines how much of existing sample code can be scavenged for ideas.
2005-03-03: Install freeware Microsoft VC++ Toolkit 2003
Process a skeleton executable that uses the ODMA header files
Process a skeletal DLL that uses the ODMA COM header files
Create the minimalist modules that are defined for this exercise in the project plan documents
ODMA Interoperability Exchange.
created 2005-03-04-17:49 -0800 (pst) by